What’s worth living for? At Riverview Community Church (RCC), we believe what’s worth living for is intimacy with the King and passion for His Kingdom. Not church, not religion, and certainly not man-made ritual. There is no life outside of a relationship with God, and access is found only through His Son, King Jesus. Anything less leaves us looking for more.
RCC is a biblical, dynamic, growing community church in Ashland, NE, affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- We are a group of people willing to take risks and be vulnerable to reach anyone for Jesus.
- We value relationships, not religion. Some say, “Live up to our standards, or go away!” God says, “You can’t possibly live up to my standards, so come on in!”
- We believe being real is better than pretending to be perfect, and growth happens best when we’re gracious, authentic and transparent.
- We value a focused, simple ministry that allows us to connect with people in our natural sphere of influence, rather than implementing a myriad of programs.
- We value gathering together corporately to worship on Sundays, and believe that real growth happens as we meet together in smaller groups to worship, pray, study God’s Word and find practical applications for our lives that draw us, and others around us, closer to Jesus.
- We believe that “what matters most is people finding Jesus.”
Does this sound like you? Does this sound like the kind of community you want? Then keep reading…
- We are seeking a full-time, Senior Pastor to oversee all aspects of our ministry.
If you are…
- Passionately following Jesus
- Relationally minded
- Biblically grounded
- An effective communicator
- Authentic, humble and flexible
- Positive and self-motivated
Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
We are looking for a Senior Pastor who can lead our local church into the next season of ministry.
- Work alongside the Elder Leadership Team to shepherd the people at RCC and honestly evaluate all aspects of ministry
- Pray, teach, and preach God’s Word in a sound and relevant manner, growing the body of Christ in the grace and knowledge of Jesus
- Oversee the teaching ministry so that other speakers, preachers or teachers at RCC will be found faithful to God’s Word
- Cast vision, equip and empower leaders to further the mission, vision, and values of RCC
- Be intentional and strategic about building relationships with our community
Qualifications for this position include:
- Meet the scriptural qualifications for this position as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and Titus 1:7-9
- Be a strategic risk taker with a natural ability to inspire and lead, while focused on the big-picture vision and mission
- The ability to shepherd a growing ministry, developing leaders who are excited about investing in the lives of people
- A positive, self-motivated starter
- A passion and drive for reaching the un-churched
- Possess, or be working towards, a Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- Willing to live in immediate Ashland area
Check out our values and vision:
Surrender: He is God; I am not.
Dependency: Prayer is the work.
Connection: Because people matter to God.
Authenticity: Real is better than perfect. We believe in progress, not perfection.
Graciousness: We have been saved by grace to live graciously.
Simplicity: What matters most is people finding Jesus.
Multiplication: Multiply kingdom-laborers, life groups and life giving churches.
We will win, build, and send multiplying disciples, locally and globally, in partnership with all other co-laborers in the gospel of Christ.
Do our vision and values excite you? If so, you might be the one God is calling to Ashland.
To apply for this position, please submit the following items by email to email@example.com: no later than April 30, 2017.
- A current resume and cover letter
- Three personal and three professional references
- Three most recent sermons or messages
- Video preferred, audio acceptable
- Website links preferred, files as email attachments acceptable
- Answers to application questions
- Questions provided after contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Name: Riverview Community Church
Affiliation: Evangelical Free Church of America
Location: Ashland, NE
Average weekly attendance: 200 – 300
Position: Senior Pasto
Job Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: March 20, 2017
Applications Accepted Through: April 30, 2017